Inventive Dingo forums Inventive Dingo forums
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or signup. October 23, 2024, 11:19:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translations and Localizations General Thread  (Read 50204 times)
Chris
Administrator

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 04:18:40 am »

Happy New Year everyone, and apologies for the delay - I was on holiday in Thailand over the break.

That would be fantastic, thank you Flap Smiley

Atlan, thanks for sending me your translation, and apologies for not replying to it sooner. I haven't had the time to compare your version and the version in the game yet, but I will do so.

I've just now uploaded a beta of the new version to Steam, including the new languages (French, German, Spanish, and Russian). You can access it via Steam on the "betas" tab, and switch languages on the Options screen. If anyone would like to help me test the language support and doesn't have a Steam copy of the game, I can send you a Steam key or a non-Steam copy of the beta.

It's been a long time since the last patch, so I'm keen to get this one finished at last! There is a decent amount of work to do to get the localisation ready for release, unfortunately.

* mayhembetaaccess.png (69.76 KB, 750x800 - viewed 1172 times.)
flap
Space cadet

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 05:00:43 pm »

I would need that steam key, as I purchased MI before Steam existed...
Do you need some info to check that I own a copy ?

(Oh, by the way, can slip in the beta a tiny modification in AI, so it won't systematically leave planets with 0 ships...  Embarrassed)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:02:20 pm by flap » Logged
Chris
Administrator

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 12:39:33 am »

Hey Flap. Check your email Smiley

I've been wanting to improve the AI for a while. Unfortunately it's not a trivial thing to fix, because if it splits its forces too much then it will lose. So it needs to be smart about when it defends, and with how many ships. It is definitely possible to fix but it will take time, and right now I'm focused on getting the translations done! Maybe I'll have time to look at it later. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: