Inventive Dingo forums Inventive Dingo forums
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or signup. October 23, 2024, 01:40:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Map Repository Learning Station...  (Read 17720 times)
Stixsmaster
Space cadet

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:45:03 am »

Hey all,

@ Chris: I want to ask this first about this...but I own my own website...url in my profile here...and I was thinking of making a subdomain on it dedicated to this game where people could go and upload their custom .ini files...and possibly a screenshot or multiple...and also include a clearly made page on how to make maps for the game...

Of course I want to know is this at all ok with you?

If so...I will probly start on my way to first...getting screenshots from ingame...then start development on website now...and if it all goes well enough...I may also pay the extra 10$ to change the subdomain into a full blown natural domain...

O I forgot to mention that I would also include a forum...a simple 1 where peeps could post questions...to other map makers...if needed...

+ I see sumone may be making a GUI program to help make maps...so if that happens and if it is ok I will provide a url to that program via my site as well...of course it all depends on the creator of that software...

---Stixsmaster
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:47:46 am by Stixsmaster » Logged
Chris
Administrator

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:46:38 am »

Sure, go ahead. Smiley
Jp
Pilot

Yet Another Generic Information-Age User Name

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:14 am »

+ I see sumone may be making a GUI program to help make maps...so if that happens and if it is ok I will provide a url to that program via my site as well...of course it all depends on the creator of that software...

If I do get around to actually writing it, you'll almost certainly be welcome to redistribute it. It'll probably end up GPL anyway - I'm using flex and bison to parse the map files (Probably overkill, but I have to learn them anyway. Also, I've already written a flex token-definition file for them).

I used to play Mayhem Intergalactic before it was cool.
Chris
Administrator

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:25 am »

DeGhost (from BYOND) also apparently has partially working map editor, written in Java. I don't know how complete it is.
Stixsmaster
Space cadet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:54:34 pm »

Well if I can...when both of you are done...I will gladly redistribute the 1 software version...and then if I can get a copy of the code for the java version...I would also add that to the website...for those that are not very fond of downloading software...even tho I am very much sure that many will 1 way or another accept the software download...

---Stixsmaster
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: